The evolution of customs clearance
Whether you are a professional importer or just importing goods privately, eezyimport has the perfect solution for you!
The technologic world we are living in changed the way we are doing our day to day tasks and also changed the way we do business.
- We don't need a face to face interaction to sign a contract or order our goods.
So why lean only on customs broker to clear our goods? Why not harness the top technology to our side, and do the customs clearance ourselves, instead of using expensive and cumbersome outsourcing?
How to clear my own goods?
The eesyimport platform answers those questions in the most intuitive and easy way. using a unique self-explanatory flow that will guide you through the U.S. Customs clearance process.
All you need is to meet a few requirements, and you're ready to go!
Following are the minimum requirements for ISF filing and customs clearance with explanations of each requirement:
1.?U.S. citizen?? You need an entity or presence in the United States to clear your goods; If you don't have one and you want to import products into the U.S., you need to be established as a Foreign Importer of Record.
The eesyimport platform supports DIY customs clearance for U.S. citizens only, and you will need a valid EIN (An employer identification number is a nine-digit number assigned by the IRS or SSn (U.S. social security number).
2. Registered Importer?with CBP (form 5106) -??CBP Form 5106?is used to identify the?importer?of record to U.S.?Customs?& Border Protection (CBP).?
3. Bill of lading and Commercial Invoice -?A bill of lading (sometimes abbreviated as B/L or BoL) is a document issued by a carrier (or their agent) to acknowledge receipt of cargo for shipment. A?bill of lading?is one of the most?important?documents, the?bill of lading?is a legally binding document providing the driver and the carrier all the details needed to process the freight shipment and invoice it correctly.
4. International classification HTS?(Harmonized Tariff Schedule)?codes?are product classification?codes?between 8-10 digits. The first six digits are an?H.S. code, and the countries of import assign the subsequent digits to provide additional classification
*At eezyimport platform, you need to insert only the H.S. codes (first 6 digits)
5. Customs bond ? customs bond is needed for every formal entry (above $2500) A?customs?surety?bond?is a contract used for guaranteeing that a specific obligation will be fulfilled between?customs?and an importer for any given import transaction. The main purpose of a?customs bond?is to ensure the payment of import duties and taxes.
*If you are a one-timer importer, you can choose a single bond (Single-entry bonds can be used to cover one import or shipment only).
*If you intend to make several shipments to the USA inside of one year, a continuous entry bond is the best choice (Continuous entry bonds cover every shipment you make within a year of the bond's issue date)
It's your time to act!
Now you are ready to clear your shipments in the easiest and cheapest way via eezyimport.
So start your customs clearance online now: https://app.eezyimport.com?
Need more information?
Approach our support team by mail: email@example.com or chat with us (using the icon in the lower right corner)
Learn all about ISF filing in this article: All about ISF